C’est le weekend !

So, this week was a long week filled with apartment searching, socials, sightseeing, treasure hunts, and class. Yep, you read correctly. We had class this week. All in French. In the mornings, we’d have a methodology class teaching us how to write dissertations and to give an exposé. Afterwards, we had a fifteen minute break and we went to our smaller, more individualized classes. In my smaller class, we had to present exposés on one of five topics. My partner and I chose Refugee Reform Law in France, and we had to give it in French. Crazy, right? Anyways, there were events included with our Welcome Programme fees, including a tour of the Opéra district and a Bateaux Mouches tour along the Seine tomorrow. I had never gone to the Opéra district of Paris, so I’m glad our tour was around there because it’s beautiful. We also walked up Rue de la Paix to where the Ritz Paris hotel is. Our tour guides, who were Sciences Po students themselves, told us to go to Angelina for the best hot chocolate in the world. At 8,20 euros, it was a little steep, but it was soooooo good. Essentially, we drank melted chocolate with just a little splash of milk.

On Wednesday, we had a scavenger hunt. We were given clues and we had to go to the places and take a picture of our group and then sing the Sciences Po song to one of the Sciences Po students. It was fun, but my group gave up like halfway through. Anyways, great news! I am no longer homeless! Elyssa and I signed the contract for the studio in the 6ème and we should be able to move in on Monday, when our housing insurance goes through. Also, we opened up French bank accounts so now it’s like we are actually living in France.

The Association Sportif at Sciences Po hosted a boat party last night, which was a lot of fun. It was really crowded, but it was fun to socialize and meet new people throughout the night. This guy came up to my friends and I and he was trying to flirt with us (I think). Then he showed us pictures of him and his cat. I’m still unsure if this actually happened, but Mikaela swears it happened, so it must have happened. It was easily the weirdest conversation I’ve had since I arrived in Paris. We had to wait until 5h30 to take the metro again, since the metro closes at midnight on weeknights and reopens at 5h30. We got back around 7h, and then it was time for a nap, since I had to meet my partner early to work on our presentation together. It’s been a semi-intensive week, but it was great to be able to get kind of situated to Sciences Po before school starts on Monday.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s